[Spridgets] Really?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Really?
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:45:19 -0500
Waianae is where you find all the low-rider Volkswagens, IIRC.  And Toyotas.
I used to like that side of the island because it was unlike the rest of the
island - dry and almost "southwestern-like."  I never thought the people there
were hayseeds (but maybe I didn't notice because I AM a hayseed) but I do
remember going to a junkyard over there to get parts for an MGB.  It was up in
the hills along a long, narrow dirt road.  The yard owner's kids let me drive
right out there and pick what I want, and there were about a dozen MGBs there.
When I drove back with a car full of parts later in the afternoon, the guy was
ripshit, hollered at his kids, and tried to overcharge me for the parts.
Probably didn't trust military guys.  Can't blame him, there were a few guys
who gave the rest of us a bad name.  He calmed down after I said I'd spend the
rest of the day putting them back if he wanted, but I wasn't going to pay what
he was asking.

But the person listing the vehicle is in Kailua, which is right off H3 near
Kaneohe.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469230/direct/01/