Re: [Spridgets] 1275 head thickness

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1275 head thickness
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 10:14:29 -0800 (PST)
> Too radical for a street head? Has been ported, intake and
> exhaust, not
> sure if the combustion chambers have been shaped.
>
> Any way to make it usable for a street car?

Too high a CR for the street as it is. What are the chamber volumes? It would
be unusual for the head to be shaved so much with the stock dish on the pistons
- what are you using vs. previous owner? The easiest way to drop the
compression is to get a custom thickness head gasket, www.headgasket.com. I
have one here at .100 that came with a radical head someone gave me. Morty has
a great reputation - I had a bad experience with him, but seem to be the only
one.

Ron