Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC - A Proposal: The Mechanical Car

To: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC - A Proposal: The Mechanical Car
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:26:39 -0500
I just read through this entire thread. Do you guys know that you sound like
a buncha 60 something grandfathers grousing about how much better things
were in the "good ol' days"??    ;-)

Face it...  Cars today are like everything else. They are being marketed to
the best customer demographics.  That would be the 18 to 30 crowd who are
tech savy and see cars as disposable items. They are "tuners" playing with
the micro-chips in their car's onboard computers. They are NOT into grease,
torque wrenches, hand tools and "original equipment".

We are crusty, old f*rts bitching to whomever will listen.

Me too.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Frank <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:

> I want a new pick up truck, no manufacturer makes a standard pick up truck
> with a stick shift.
> I checked them all except Nissan and THAT truck is just so butt ugly, I
> wouldn't take one for free.
> Toyota Ford GM or Dodge.
> You can get rubber mats to cover your expensive carpets.
> I want a work truck not a foo-foo truck.
> I hate power windows, I want to roll my window down to one particular spot
> not all the way down or flip a button 4 times to get it to a particular
> spot.
> And when it rains, I want to open the door and roll up the window not go
> inside the house, find the keys, go back out and insert key in ignition
just
> to roll up a window.
> This is NOT progress!
> Ford offers roll up windows but the crank is behind the seat a bit unless
> you are 6'6 tall and drive with the seat all the way back.
> I can roll down the window if I open the door. One of Ford's "better ideas"
> I guess.
> Toyota sheetmetal is way to thin, I have checked out 1 year old yotas on
> the job and they look like they have been rolled down a hill.
> I have a Jaguar with all the foo-foo stuff, it's my wife's car but I do
> have to drive it sometimes, at least it has a real gearbox and a clutch.
> Even basic transportation is full of foo foo these days, my son just bought
> a 2010 Jetta, I think it has more useless crap than my Jag.
> Self leveling headlights? Not level headlights is a major problem?
> Just think guys, in case of a nuclear problem, our Sprites and Midgets will
> be the only cars that can be driven.
> No electronic to crap out.
>
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
> My own Fleet of Sprites

Cheers!!
Jim
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a
shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."
       John Adams
       US diplomat & politician (1735 - 1826)

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75