Re: [Spridgets] Motor Oil in the Gear Box

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Motor Oil in the Gear Box
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:12:34 -0400
Maybe..  But I've read elsewhere that it is not uncommon for a freshly rebuilt
manual transmission to
be a little crunchy until the synchros have had a chance to break in.

I don't have very many miles on the transmission at this point.  Probably less
than 200.
I am not too worried about the 1st 2nd crunch , because:
1) I can be gentle with the shift and it does not happen.
2) I have seen some improvement with use.
3) I don't have this issue in other gears.

The noise in neutral I am more concerned about.  How noisy is yours when idling
in neutral?