Re: [Spridgets] Motor Oil in the Gear Box

To: "'David Riker'" <davriker@nwi.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Motor Oil in the Gear Box
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:36:31 -0700
        My question would be which kit did you use and which clutch, TO
bearing, and pilot bushing?
        Did you machine the syncros to the proper size? Some will be ok as
is some won't. Many of the so called bad ones can be sized to fit. You would
have been better off if you switched the 5th and 2nd ones as "the more bite
as you call it" is oversized.
                Crash

My rebuilt Datsun tranny is also noisy in neutral, clutch out.  It was noisy

before the rebuild, we replaced all the bearings, and it was noisy after the

rebuild.
It also crunches a little going into second when cold.  I used NOS Datsun
syncros for the rebuild.  It crunched exactly the same before the rebuild.
We test fitted all the syncros, and put the one with the most bite on second

gear, and the one with the least bite on 5th.

I will still take a little crunch and a fifth speed over the ribcase any day

of the week and twice on Sunday....

Dave R.
Wenatchee, WA

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html