Re: [Spridgets] Jag Inline 6

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Jag Inline 6
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 21:41:54 -0400
Kirk Hargreaves wrote:
> Matt,
>

> I have been told by Jag mechanics, and have also read, that the inline 6's
> are very strong engines - as reliable as a small block V8?
>
> If they are maintained and taken care of they will last as long as a small
> block?

I think they would last LONGER than a small block chevy engine.
I had an XJ6 with 180,000 miles on it when I sold it.
All I did to it was replace the cam cover gaskets when I bought it with
125,000 miles on it.
Sure the car had some Lucas issues but they were all just minor bad
grounds or dirty fuses that a wad of steel wool fixed.
The engine was the 2nd best part of that car right behind it's styling.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html