[Spridgets] DCOE 40 or DCOE 45?

To: davriker@nwi.net
Subject: [Spridgets] DCOE 40 or DCOE 45?
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:10:31 -0700
David,

I run a 45 on a stock compression 1275.  I kind of wish I had gone with a 40
as I hear that the 45 is more for a racing application and that it only has
a benefit at higher RPM's?  In other words for a stock engine like mine. .
I would have been wiser to go with a 40 (better match for my 1275)?

I actually am running an Japanese OER which is the equivalent of the DCOE
45. .  takes the same jets and emulsion tubes as the Weber but has an accel
adjustment and an adjustable float bowl height to remove any supposed flat
spots that might be found in a Weber when hard cornering.  Not sure if if is
even necessary compared to the Weber. . but I mention it anyway.

I will say that I love the performance I am getting from my carb. .  but I
wonder if the 40 would have been a better match?

I may sell the carb on eBay and bump down to a 40. .  not sure. .

Thanks,

Kirk
59 1275

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html