Re: [Spridgets] Rear brake upgrade

To: James Lempe <oldtimealaskan@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rear brake upgrade
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 23:05:26 -0400
On 4/30/2010 3:52 PM, James Lempe wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just upgraded my front brakes to disc.  Now I'm thinking about
> upgrading the rear brakes.  I have a donor car (67) with all the parts
> available.  Now much should I replace.  From the shoes to the entire rear
> end???

Swap out the back plates, get new wheel cylinders for sure and shoes if
you need them.
The back plates are different and you will need to patch up the E-brake
rods. Some 1/4 x 20 threading of the 67 brake rods and a couple of union
nuts will fix this. Cut off the eyes of the rods near the E brake cable
pivot, but leave enough room to tap some threads on them.
I can't remember exactly what I did but i have done it to many Bugeyes
and the rods are simple if you just look and think about it for a couple
minutes.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ