Re: [Spridgets] Inner bearing race tolerance in hub

To: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Inner bearing race tolerance in hub
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 08:31:29 -0500
Kent,
         It should/must be a tap in. BUT... good hubs are hard to
find, as many have the same problem. You can recover the fit by using
some judicious dimpling in the race area, and some Locktite green...
605, I believe.
          Snuggle up to a local bearing-machine-farm implement repair
place, and they can show you how. Unfortunately, this is the only
course for now. Some of the problem is exacerbated (can I say that
here?) by the constant use of the current lot of mis-made inner bearings
         Look around on some of the other fora for that discussion.
Has to do with incorrect inner race radius.

         Peter C
=====