Re: [Spridgets] Carlisle Update

To: "Kevin Valentine" <kevinv1275@gmail.com>, "Jim Fournier"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Carlisle Update
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 07:11:41 -0400
I went back over to the show early Sunday morning.  It was raining pretty
good by the time I left for Pittsburgh (around 9:15).  Running west on route
641, we hit plenty of rain and didn't really get into the clear until just
east of Breezewood (on route 30).  Thankfully, I was driving something that
kept the rain completely out (it's of 1962 manufacture, from Germany), but
my buddy in his TR4 shipped a fair amount of rain water.

My thoughts on the weekend are that it was too hot on Friday, pretty close
to just right on Saturday and everyone needs to experience rain at
Carlisle........I mean, it just ain't Carlisle unless it rains at least a
little bit ;)

I heard a lot of complaints about the music (a live band).  Not that they
were lousy, but more that they just made too damn much noise.  Being from
Pittsburgh, I've long been de-sensitized to polka music......I don't even
hear it most of the time it's playing.  But, no matter what kind of music is
being played LOUDLY, it's gonna bother somebody.  I would never try to
impose my favorite kind of music ("industrial strength" doo-wop, if you need
to know.....hey, I told you I grew up in Pittsburgh) on others and I wish
other people would extent the same courtesy (the SAAB group was particularly
offensive, before the band kicked in) to me and the others attending.

I really miss the earlier days of the Import Carlisle swap meet, before the
advent of eBay.  It's still pretty good, but it's slim pickins compared to
what it was 10-15 years ago.

Bud Osbourne