[Spridgets] 1500 Fan Clutch question

To: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] 1500 Fan Clutch question
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
My friend put a new fan clutch and water pump on his 1500 Midget this weekend.
The clutch went onto the pump shaft via his press, feeling what he thought was
properly "snug" during the process. Everything went back in fine, using all
the
proper parts (there's apparently a crush washer in there somewhere, but
I've
never worked on one of these so don't know).  A few miles later when
everything
was nice and warm, the fan went into the radiator...

He wants to
know if this is a common occurance.  The pump and clutch both came
from Mo$$.
Anybody have suggestions for a fix? JB Weld on the shaft when
reassembling?
Drill and tap threads into the waterpump shaft, then lock on with
a bolt and
washer? Other ideas?

He didn't like my suggestion of throwing the whole thing
away and installing a
thermostatically-controlled electric fan as he fears
the alternator is not up to
the task...

Thanks,
 - David Booker