Re: [Spridgets] Camshaft ID

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Camshaft ID
From: jmj3351@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 01:23:49 +0000 (UTC)
The 1962-1970 Spitfire 1300 did have cam bearings, 1971-1980 1300 and 1500 did
not have cam bearings. I would not machine for cam bearings to install a
basically stock cam. A job that big needs a good hi perf cam. You do not need
the cam bearings unless you race or run real hard. You can make a 1500 run as
well as or better than a 1300B if you do it right. The 1500 and 1300 pistons
are the same diameter, the 1500 is a stroker version of the late model 1300.
Almost all of the parts interchange.

jmj-1500 midget