Re: [Spridgets] More front wheel bearings

To: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>,Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] More front wheel bearings
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:08:37 -0500
Actually David, Tom's particular stub axle showed a radius of over
2mm. We surveyed quite a few, and found they ranged from less than
1mm, to about 3mm. If the radius of your axle is 1.5mm or less then
you would have success fitting the bearings you did...or, at least
you wouldn't know that there are the stresses that could cause a
failure. I will not debate this, nor deny that people have
successfully fitted other bearings. When you're in the business, it's
best to err on the side of caution.... no?  I might take a chance on
my own cars, but not on a customer's.
         Peter C
==

At 08:47 PM 8/12/2010, David Lieb wrote:
> > A LOT of research has been done
>
>And that research was based on a lot of preconceived notions of
>questionable validity. I suffered through a lot of those posts while
>it was happening and am not about to subject myself to them again.
>
>For normal human beings, Timken roller bearings will put up with a lot
>of abuse and give better service than the originals WITHOUT the goofy
>spacers. This statement is from personal experience. Go ahead and
>flame me as much as you like.
>David L

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75