Re: [Spridgets] 1275 questions..

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1275 questions..
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:11:28 -0400
On 8/20/2010 12:43 AM, Bill L wrote:
> Hello Spridgets,
>
>    A 1275 is falling into my lap and I have a couple of questions.. it
>    is described as..."sans damper pulley and induction system", and..is
>    said to have a "smog head"...

That is going to hurt big time!

>    can I take the exhaust manifold off the 1098 (big mains) or will I
>    have to use one from a 1275 and thus replace my exhaust pipes?

Direct bolt on.

>    can I take the stock carbs off the 1098 and do a direct transfer, or
>    am I better off finding a set from a 1275?

Direct bolt on again.

    are there any caveats to using the "smog head" or should I be
>    looking for another one?...

Plug the air holes in the head

>    I already have the 1275 flywheel modified for the datsun tranny, so
>    that's no problem... ....
>
>    the engine "is said to have been running" when the present owner
>    acquired it...... ....
>
>    comments?  tips?

Check how it runs but take it off your lap and put it on the floor
before you fire it up.
All you need are carbs, a dizzy, coil and some jumper wires to run it on
the floor.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ