Re: [Spridgets] Automatic transmission

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Automatic transmission
From: Macy Larry <lmacy@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:04:39 -0400
The BMW also has the advantage of being the same swap that was done "back in
the day" making it more authentic. Look around you will find lots of T series
MG's with BNW engines in them.

PS
Now with old/new email addy. - I couldn't get my Philly MG Club email at work
and never had time to read the list at night. So I was not participating as
much as I liked and I missed it, so I moved my list over to this addy and "I'm
Back!!"

Larry

On Sep 1, 2010, at 07:16 AM, Frank Clarici wrote:

> On 8/31/2010 11:25 PM, Michael Rowe wrote:
>> My mechanic/tutor has a commission to put an automatic transmission in an MG
>TD.  This old lady has driven the car since she was 16, and wants to continue
>without dealing with a clutch on the many steep hills she must navigate.  Any
>small RWD engine with an automatic transmission will do; she does not care.
>>
>> Any thoughts on what he might actually be able to find in reasonable
>condition?  Where?
>>

> I saw a MGTD with a BMW drive train.
> A 4 banger with an automatic would be sweet but the one I saw had a six
>cylinder BMW engine, THAT was very sweet.
>

> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
>
> You restored it better than new
> So why don't you drive it?

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@upenn.edu
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 1015 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

The bottom line: Sure, there's pain in adopting the Mac. But if I accept
that, I get to use a computer that works, and that pretty much does what I
expect and want a computer to do.
Stewart Alsop
FORTUNE.com
Monday, June 25, 2001