Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] LBC's and Bluetooth

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridget list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [midgetsprite] LBC's and Bluetooth
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 09:27:17 -0500
I have gotten many responses, mostly to not use the phone while in the car.
I would like to share the reasons I want to have the bluetooth.
When I was unemployed, my wife would call me and we would talk while she
drove home. One night, it was late and quite dark out. She was almost home,
and I hear her scream.  I ask her, what is happening? She tells me that a
huge semi rig (we have many active natural gas wells in our section of
Texas, and water tankers are everywhere) just threw a huge rock into the
windshield and smashed in the passenger side glass. Because she was driving,
and couldn't write, I had her tell me all the numbers she could off of the
trailer, and off of the truck. I wrote them down, and contacted the company
the next day. After they confirmed that their truck was indeed in the area,
they covered the damage repair, as well as the car rental. The rock had
dented the hood, so it had to go to the paint and body shop as well. Had we
not been on the phone, for her to give me the trucking company information,
we would have had to have paid for all the repairs ourselves.
I rarely go riding without my wife, but if I do, it would be nice to know I
could communicate with her if I needed help also.
I now work in maintenance, and having my hands free, when the office or boss
calls would be a huge help. I often get calls while working in awkward
situations. Having to stash the tools, and dig out my phone; while on top of
a 12' ladder, is difficult, to say the least.
A bluetooth IS in my future, I was just hoping to find one that would work
in all aspects of my life, on and off the job.

Brad