Re: [Spridgets] Sumitomo HTR 200

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, "Spridget List"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sumitomo HTR 200
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:22:06 -0500
I can't speak to the other problems mentioned, but I don't have a big
problem with high performance tires that only last for 20K miles.  35 years
ago I bought a set of Phoenix tires from Germany for my 240Z auto-x car.
They only lasted for 6,000 miles, but the damn things stuck like glue.  I
was beating big block Corvettes with them in my little 6-banger Jap car.  I
went thru the same thing with some sticky Pirellis on my Porsche.  If you
want sticky tires, expect them to wear out early.  Or you can buy
high-mileage tires and slide around like you are driving on Vaseline.  Ya
pays your money and ya takes your choice.

LAD