Re: [Spridgets] Pertronix woes..

To: Dean Hedin <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Pertronix woes..
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:26:41 -0400
On 10/22/2010 10:47 PM, Dean Hedin wrote:
> My Pertronix finally bit the dust last Sunday.

I had 3 different (pertronix)  fail.
1st last 11 months, it was in the A40.
They replaced it for free and the new one failed in about 3 months.
The 3rd was new in a package and came with a parts car, it lasted almost
the whole summer.
Daniel gave me a UK made similar device, that lasted several years until
the chopper blade lost a magnet, try to figure out THAT single cylinder
miss!
Anyway, I gave up on electronic ignitions and run points in all of my
LBCs these days. They do need adjusting and replacing every now and them
but they never leave you stranded.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ