[Spridgets] Boot bumpers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Boot bumpers
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 18:20:24 GMT
So in reassembling the MKII, I've run into a bit of a conundrum. I've never
had a boot seal so this is uncharted territory for me. I have new, repro boot
seal and bumpers. The seal goes on fine alone as do the bumpers, however, when
I put the bumpers in, I can't get the seal edge past the upper bumpers
(closest to the cockpit). I've tried putting the bumpers in after the seal,
and get the same result. There seems to be too little room in the channel for
both of these to exist. WTF?
Do I trim the seal edge to allow the bumper or vice versa? or am I just
missing something stoopid?
"my momma always says, Stoopid is as stoopid does"

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016

$350,000 Life Insurance
Coverage as low as $13.04/month. Free, No Obligation Quotes.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/4cd99159934131382c7st05duc

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive