Re: [Spridgets] Weather

To: dwoerpel@wi.net, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Weather
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:25:29 -0600
Yes, Sta-bil will EAT any rubber pieces it sits in contact with. S
Dave says, the bowl gaskets on the H1 are the prime example. When you
get it out of storage and it sounds like it is running on one carb
(idles ok, but undriveable), order up two new sets of the gaskets and
replace them.
David L

> My .05 worth:  I used to fill the tank and put in Sta-bil in the bugeye
> and MGA and every 3 months would have to change the rubber float bowl
> gaskets on the H1 carbs.  If you don't have any rubber pieces you should
> be OK.  Now I just fill the tank and park it until May and I haven't had
> to change gaskets in 2 years.  Presently, I drive 6 miles to get Premium
> w/o alcohol.  Will have to see what the proposed E15 fuel will do.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums