Re: [Spridgets] Sprite Top Parts

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>, aseippel@austin.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sprite Top Parts
From: Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:03:33 -0800
Jim,

Caribou Canvas makes a very nice top at a very reasonable price. I
bought one for a MKII Sprite some years ago and I was quite pleased.
He uses Stayfast which had a very nice look. I'm not sure if he still
makes them for other than Alfas and Fiats, but would be worth a shot
to check. The web site I found was http://www.alfaromeoconvertibletop.com/

The metal bars are easily fabricated from some flat bar stock.

Check out my Tech section for some other tips and goodies for your
Bugeye.

Gerard
http://gerardsgarage.com/

On Dec 24, 2010, at 7:01 PM, spridgets-request@autox.team.net wrote:

> Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 18:06:22 -0600
> From: "Jim Seippel" <aseippel@austin.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sprite Top Parts
> To: "'Lester'" <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>, "'Spridget list'"
>       <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>
> This is not my first time to this rodeo. My first trip in a Sprite
> was in
> 1964 and I drive from Winston-Salem, NC to Washington, DC. I bought
> the car
> on Monday with the engine and transmission completely apart. I made
> the trip
> on Friday evening the same week. The car had no heater, no side
> curtains,
> and the temperature was 20F. A Bugeye was my only car for the next 2
> years.
> My personal experience is that a top and side curtains make all the
> difference.
>
> I plan to pick the car up and drive it non-stop back to Texas. If
> anything
> gives me problems, I can always fix it on the road (won't be the first
> time). However, I plan on having a top before I make the trip. :-) I
> will
> certainly carry a warm coat too.
>
> Jim

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html