Re: [Spridgets] Rear scroll seal on a 948

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rear scroll seal on a 948
From: "Jack Laird" <jlaird237@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 10:40:29 -0600
Leo, if you got it tight enough the first time you start it up it will
squeal as it will be metal on metal. Lub it a bit after assembley as you
would bearings. It will wear in quickly, Maybe let it cool between 30 sec
runs till it no longer squeals. It was a line bore orginaly so I would
suggest maybe 2 or 3 thou clearance was maybe as close as they ever did..

Remever how Miss Agatha leaked at the 50th, no more. I get a small spot from
time to time only.