Re: [Spridgets] Spitfire in 73

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spitfire in 73
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 15:27:07 -0500
On 1/7/2011 1:46 PM, Kirk Hargreaves wrote:
> Frank,
>

> Please elaborate a bit on your Spitfire experience?
I bought a new red Spitfire in 1973, April. $3025 out the door with tax,
tags, AM/FM and a tonneou cover.
June, 1873, Dealer will not repair the bum tranny so I had to hop a
fence at a junk yard and get one myself.
11,000 miles and I spun a main bearing racing a Fiat 124, now THAT was
embarrassing!
So 3 engines, 2 trannys, and 9 rear ends later not to mention at least
one new axle U joint a week, I sold the car in Feb of 1976 for $900.
Over the years when a Spitfire come up cheap of free, I just say NO.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html