Re: [Spridgets] horn amps?

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] horn amps?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:24:15 -0500
On 1/11/2011 12:37 AM, Bill L wrote:
> If stock horns draw eight or nine amps, I'm good.

> Otherwise it looks like it's relay time....

Bill

I have some Italian air horns in my Sprite and a chinese air horns in my
daughter's Sprite. Both do NOT use a relay even though a relay came in
the package.
People on this list have explained relays to me but I still like the old
battery to switch to device way just like they did at the Sprite
factory. No relays that never belonged in a Sprite.
Anyway, I have and have had several air horns (1 was a 3 horn set) in
cars over the years, no relays.
If your horn draws 18 amps, be sure to have at least a 20 amp fuse.
The horn is (supposed to be ) the only thing on the fuse in all Spridgets.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html