[Spridgets] horn amps?

Subject: [Spridgets] horn amps?
From: pythias at pacifier.com (Bill L)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:37:58 -0800
Hello Spridgets,

           heres' a question for ya'll....

           anybody know how many amps a stock horn draws?...

           I know that a two horn set up was an option from looking at
           the wiring diagrams.

           here's the why.....I picked up an Italian Air horn from
           Griots for Christmas. It it said to draw 18 amps. I really
           don't want to use a relay. the wires are more than adequate
           to carry the load but I'm concerned about the rating of the
           contact in the horn button. Is it large enough? If stock
           horns draw eight or nine amps, I'm good. Otherwise it looks
           like it's relay time....

           TIA
--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

   "I'm a Soviet agent in England," said Tom bluntly.