[Spridgets] Trooper Starter Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Trooper Starter Question
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:09:18 -0800
I bought the correct Trooper starter to replace my Nippon Condenso that went
out after about 6 years of use.

The new starter turns on and works fine, but of course I only tested it
while in the car knowing that the gear was not close enough to the flywheel
gear to start the car.

For some reason I am not able to get the starter to drop down into place as
it is hanging up on something that I cannot yet see.   I am trying to not
pull my distributor.

I plan to take paper or card stock to slip in behind it today to hopefully
get an idea as to why it will not rotate down into place (the top bolt is in
place as I am trying to get the bottom bolt to line up).  Also, the bolt
distances are fine . . I just cannot get it to swing down far enough to line
up with the bottom bolt, thus allowing the gears to engage when I turn it
on.

Anyone have this same experience?

Kirk

59 1275