[Spridgets] CHINA CRAP?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] CHINA CRAP?
From: "Bob Gardner" <rdgard@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 12:53:24 -0800
"So what does that say about the crap from china?
USA beats the hell out of ANYTHING from china."

I only sort of agree with you.  HF carries mostly very cheap stuff, mostly
from China.  Most of it works great, one or two times and if you want
something that will service you well for a life time, spend the right amount
and buy quality stuff.  OTOH, some of my tools I only use once or twice a
year.

IMHO, the reason the China stuff is crap is not that China can't make
quality stuff, it is because the American companies that go to China with
the specifications that they want in a tool to buy insist on making them to
a "very low Price Point" so they can sell them here and make a profit.  Here
or there, pot metal is less expensive than carbon steel.

I only have been to Hong Kong, but there, everything worked great, the
quality of the goods I shopped for was great and not what I would call
cheap.  Given, I didn't shop any tools but the "quality of life" I saw in
the hotels, the public transport, the clean city streets, everything I came
in contact with was better than the same thing in New York, for example.

Check out the slide show someone sent me to see that the Chinese can indeed
do "state of the art" work.  The bridges are beautiful.  (OOPS, I don't know
if I can send an attachment.  Maybe someone else knows how to find a link to
this.)

Just my two yen worth!

Cheers,

bob

Robert D. Gardner

Gardner Productions LLC
Film and Video Production since 1978
619-460-1000
www.gardnerproductions.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/vnd]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums