Re: [Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 00:14:42 -0600
When I was in England in the late 60s, I bought a pair of hand made
Dynastatic speakers with 15 inch woofers and electrostatic grid mid and
upper range.  They were connected to the Quad (no, not quadraphonic - that's
the brand name) amp and pre-amp which I still have and use. Recently I took
the Quad to a stereo outfit in Wichita to get a response test done on it.
The Marantz guy doing the testing pulled me aside and asked me to please
take that damned thing away. Seems it blew the doors off all their modern
amps he was trying to sell. And it was 45 years old.

My main problem these days is that after years of being in noisy
environments and riding motorcycles my hearing is not good enough to tell
the difference between a high dollar set up and the cheap $hit.  I won't
spend money on sound equipment ever again I guess...  There is a point at
which you are wasting your money if you can't hear the difference between
custom made acoustics and Wally World.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com> wrote: