Re: [Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers

To: Spridgets net <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Shop at Just Brits
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Need a new TV - No LBC - No Dishwashers
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:10:48 -0800 (PST)
--- On Tue, 1/18/11, Shop at " Just Brits " <shop@justbrits.com> wrote:

> And no one seems to make a decent stereo floor speaker
> either,
> derf <F> !!

I would NEVER argue with Zoom's ears, but to this plebe there are some GREAT
speakers out there today, but not at the big box stores. We do more acoustic
live music than ever these days (Rockford Symphony Orchestra, mostly) and you
can get pretty freakin' close. In fact, when we sit in the balcony, my stereo
sounds more live than live does.

With this stuff more than anything, made in USA rules. My theater system
speakers are Magnepans, (www.magnepan.com), made in Minnesota. Multi channel
Blu-Ray sound is incredible when done well in True HD, and I generally HATED
multi-channel until recently. 2 channel system is Martin Logan (powered by USA
made VTL amp and Conrad Johnson preamp made in USA and improved by Billy Zoom).
My Logans are 19 years old and are still fantastic, made in Kansas. The VTL is
18 (California), the CJ is 23 (Virginia). I think Logan might have gone
offshore to some extent, not sure. And my garage speakers were a donation from
Zoom, 40 year old Klipsch LaScalas.

Ron

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75