Re: [Spridgets] Fouled Plugs

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fouled Plugs
From: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:27:29 -0600
Chris,
       The colour is no longer a reliable identifier. I would trust
what Burlen sent you. The waxstats weren't over here, much, but they
were different originally.
         When I set or balance carbs, I start by bringing both jets
level with the bridge, then run the nut down 2 turns. If you can get
them flush, then they should be fine. Someday measure the hole, and
make sure it's .090" (they also can be .100")

I'm guessing Frank does too. I suspect he didn't catch that one of
the jets wasn't all the way flush.

         Ignition issues can foul 2 plugs as well..... just sayin'   ;-)

Peter
===

At 10:09 AM 1/26/2011, Chris King wrote:
>Hmm, I think I have black jets in my 1500 (twin HS4 carbs). I've run
>into a similar problem that Frank has (fouled on 3&4). Haven't taken
>the carbs off yet to look at it, but this is timely. One more thing to look at.
>
>The carbs are a late FZX series from a UK Midget/Spit that
>originally came with waxstats. I think I bought a conversion kit
>from Burlen several years ago, so I asssume the jets are correct.
>Any way to be sure?
>
>Chris King
>http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html