Re: [Spridgets] Crap California Gas

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Crap California Gas
From: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 13:53:39 -0800
  You have clogged jets or something else wrong with the bike.  Yes, gas
these days will not last long that is why you see those commercials on
TV about fuel stabilizers but 6 weeks is not nearly long enough for
that, you have clogged jets.

   I fill up twice a week on my bike, sometimes can get by with only one
tankful in a week but I live in California so I ride daily...uh wait,
you live in Calif. too so why are you only riding every 6 weeks ?

   My car will sit for many months at a time and always runs right, so
its not the gas, there was a period last year where I did not start the
car for 10 months, still started and ran fine once I put juice in the
battery.  It may not last years like in the past but it still lasts months.

     mike

   p.s. is that blood running down my lip from biting my tongue about
typical fair weather Harley riders ?

  p.p.s. the above p.s. is HUMOR !!!

p.p.p.s. Baby gets new tires this weekend, another boring 100-or-so
miles wearing off all the crap on the new tires, tired of new tires
every 6-8 months and having to baby the baby for 2 days.

On 01/27/2011 04:59 AM, Michael MacLean wrote:
> I went for a ride on my harley the other day.  It would barely run without the
> fuel enrichener (choke?) pulled out.  It would die at idle and it would fart
> small backfires on accelleration.  In the past I had always filled it with
> Chevron 91 octane with no storage problems.  The last time I filled it up was
> with Union 76 91 octane and it sat in the garage for 6 weeks due to the month
> long rains of December and cold weather of January.  My working 7 days a week
> also contributed.  Never had this problem with Chevron in the Harley or the
> Bugeye sitting for long periods, but that 76 gas is crap.  In fact, most of
> the gas here in California is crap.  On a side note, I found a gas station in
> Riverside, California that has 100 octane no-lead gas at the pump.  Something
> like almost 8 bucks a gallon, but it might be a hoot to try it out and it just
> might cure my Harley's problem!
> Mike MacLean
> 60 Sprite
> 56 BN2