[Spridgets] Crap California Gas

Subject: [Spridgets] Crap California Gas
From: rrengineer.mike at att.net (Michael MacLean)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:51:02 -0800 (PST)
That's what my Harley mechanic tells me.  Besides, it ran fine before I put it
away, even on the 76 gas.  I just had the problem after it sit for almost 6
weeks.  My mechanic says the gas we are using today is no good after six weeks
or so.  He has had to do this more than once.  He said the carb has to be
dis-assembled and cleaned because the secondary jets get all gummed up from
the gas sitting in the carb all this time.  I have never had this problem
before using Chevron, but I don't remember if I have let it sit for quite this
long a period before either.
Mike