Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)

To: Spridgets net <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Shop at \" Just Brits
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: <hardy.john@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:27:26 -0800
Yes it does look like a 60's era Triumph, but actually its one of the new
Vintage look bikes that Triumph is producing out of their factory in Hinkley,
Leicestershire. This particular one looks like their Bonneville model. They do
a pretty good job of keeping the look but they don't puke oil, continually blow
fuses or vibrate like a by the hour hotel room bed. In the past few years they
have done replica Trophy, Bonneville and Truxton models. Even though the
Truxton was originally a Vellocette not a Triumph. They also produce a
brilliant 675CC sport bike called the Daytona (another legendary Triumph model
name) as well as a couple of big cruisers, dual sports and my personnel
favorite the Speed Triple that's a naked sport bike Hooligan  machine!

I cut my teeth on 500 and 650 Triumph and BSA twins, then I completely lost my
mind and made the transitions to Ducati's.

Cheers,

John