Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)

To: hardy.john@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] (no subject)
From: Macy Larry <lmacy@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:13:02 -0500
Wrong-O old buddy, old pal. It is not a factory "do-over".

It is a custom rebuild of a 05 - 08 Triumph Scrambler. They are built by a
friend of mine here in Philadelphia. They take a modern bike and remake them to
look and feel like the old ones James grew up with. The goal is to recreate the
look and feel of the 60-70's Triumphs but get the modern reliability.

THis one is called the Jack Pine.
https://hammarhead.com/motorcycles/jack-pine/

FWIW, I prolly won't own a bike any more (I had a Choppered Bonny in the 70's)
but this is one fine ride. I loved it. He also builds (well has a prototype) of
an all electric bike. Fast, but strictly for city commuting.

Larry

On Jan 28, 2011, at 8:27 PM, hardy.john@cox.net wrote:

> Yes it does look like a 60's era Triumph, but actually its one of the new
>Vintage look bikes that Triumph is producing out of their factory in Hinkley,
>Leicestershire. This particular one looks like their Bonneville model. They do
>a pretty good job of keeping the look but they don't puke oil, continually
>blow fuses or vibrate like a by the hour hotel room bed. In the past few years
>they have done replica Trophy, Bonneville and Truxton models. Even though the
>Truxton was originally a Vellocette not a Triumph. They also produce a
>brilliant 675CC sport bike called the Daytona (another legendary Triumph model
>name) as well as a couple of big cruisers, dual sports and my personnel
>favorite the Speed Triple that's a naked sport bike Hooligan  machine!
>
> I cut my teeth on 500 and 650 Triumph and BSA twins, then I completely lost
>my mind and made the transitions to Ducati's.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>

> ---- "Shop at " Just Brits "" <shop@justbrits.com> wrote:
>> << For just a bit more sanity
>> http://vimeo.com/18976012
>> Larry >>
>>
>> Anybody know for sure but the bike looks like a '60s era Triumph
>> to me ?!?
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/hardy.john@cox.net

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@upenn.edu
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive