[Spridgets] Arm Staph Infection

Subject: [Spridgets] Arm Staph Infection
From: derf247 at gmail.com (derf)
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 21:32:57 -0600
Staph is a type of bacteria that is present on your skin now.  It
occurs there naturally.  If it gets in, it can cause trouble.
A puncture or wound can be an entry point.

I thought I had the flu really bad one time.  I rested in bed for two
days and waited for the fever to break.  When it didn't break I
decided it was time for a doctor visit.  After I got out of the shower
my wife gestured at my shin and asked what happened.  I looked down
and saw for the first time a small wound surrounded by angry red skin.
 I had banged my shin on a Cedar chest a few days earlier and thought
nothing of it.  I suppose because it was on my shin I didn't notice it
like I might have elsewhere.  I'm glad I didn't wait any longer than I
did.  I've had flu/fever/chills before but never missed work or school
because of it.  This was like flu times ten.

If it goes untreated a bacterial infection can spread into surrounding
tissue and even into bones.  If it gets in the bone it must be
removed.  I think they scrape it out.  That cannot be pleasant.