[Spridgets] No LBC - 1951? Pontiac

Subject: [Spridgets] No LBC - 1951? Pontiac
From: thcollin at mtu.edu (Tim Collins)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:03:33 -0500
An uncle wrote a story about my dad in which he recalls my dad buying
a new (1950, 51 ??) Pontiac. He noted that dad had trouble
".  .  .  with the electric gear shift that periodically refuse to go
in reverse." I never heard of a Pontiac of that era with electric
shift. Couldn't find anything on the web after a short search. I
suspect that the car had a problem but that my uncle didn't remember
the correct problem. Dad and my uncle have both passed on so I can't
ask them. Anyone heard of this?

No opinion on the car/truck, high/low mileage debate. I drove 2 cars
a total of 698 miles last year and bought $61.86 worth of gasoline
(premium in the Sprite), some of which is still is still in the tanks.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006 at N07/sets/