[Spridgets] horn amps?

Subject: [Spridgets] horn amps?
From: billyzoom at billyzoom.com (Billy Zoom)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:39:06 -0800
> If old stranded copper wire becomes stiffer as it is subjected to
> vibration/movement, and if a few strands break and there is oxidation built
> up between the strands, what effect does this have on the wire's ability to
> conduct?
Is this a trick question?
It would have no effect because I'd have already replaced it with
silver-impregnated, oxygen-free copper wire with thick Teflon insulation, in
one wire gauge larger than stock, and I'd be using relays on the horn and
lights.
I've only run into problems at the connectors, unless the wire had been
crimped or abused by the DPO.