[Spridgets] L(A)JC

Subject: [Spridgets] L(A)JC
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (bjshov8 at tx.rr.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:20:45 -0500
(Check my email address.)  I used to be a Ford Taurus SHO owner.  The current
generation of the SHO comes with the new Ford "eco-boost" engine.  It is a
turbocharged engine, hence the "boost" part, and it is supposed to be higher
fuel mileage than the equivalent V8 engine and therefore better for the
environment, hence the "eco" part.  The engine is basically a 3.5L V8 that has
maximum computer-limited horsepower of 365.  That engine came out in 2010, this
year they have apparently made versions that are 3.7L as well.  Anyway the idea
is that it generates the "thrust of a V8" with "the economy of a V6", to borrow
from the actual SHO television commercials.  The engine actually has good
low-end torque with a relatively flat torque curve, again probably shaped that
way by computer engine management.  Some people theorized that they did this to
protect the front wheel drive transaxle for excessive horsepower.