[Spridgets] Ampco Top Cylinder Lubrication

Subject: [Spridgets] Ampco Top Cylinder Lubrication
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:13:29 -0800
Under *10 Products You Didn't Know Existed* in the Moss motors catalogue
comes this product that is purported to "increase the amount of oil in your
cylinders, maximize compression, and enhance performance, protects against
cylinder wear and extends engine life."

"Popular in the 50's and 60's and now back in vogue."

Have any of you seen this thing?  It is a bottle that holds oil. .  Marvel
Mystery Oil recommended. .  which then shoots a fine mist of oil into your
cylinder head.

It looks like nothing more than an oil reserve that attaches somewhere to
your intake manifold to add more oil into the combustion mix?

This makes little to no sense to me . . as the "fine oil mist" would only be
blown back out of your exhaust with little to no benefit to your engine?

Anyone have any comments on this device which according to Moss is "now back
in vogue?"

I could not but help ask the list when I saw this thing.

Kirk