Re: [Spridgets] Ampco Top Cylinder Lubrication

To: "spridgets_autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ampco Top Cylinder Lubrication
From: Dave KK7SS <kk7ss@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 22:19:28 +0000 (UTC)
Back in the '50's - '60's in the UK, back when the station attendant used to
pump gas, he'd ask you "One shot or two?"
Which was to ask you if you wanted 1 oz or 2 oz of 'top cylinder lubricant'
(read Marvek Mystery Oil) added to your fill-up. They had a special can that
delivered 1oz of lubricant for each trigger pull.

Also, we used to add 1 oz per gallon of MMO to each gallon of AvGas for radial
engines on aircraft.

I still add a small amount of MMO to each tankfull of gas. ymmv

Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig

'65 Sprite - in process
'76 Midget - driver