[Spridgets] Springfield Military Spec

Subject: [Spridgets] Springfield Military Spec
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 07:51:18 -0800
Well ok, I like the safety features on the XD.  I gave three of them away as
gifts this last Christmas (my two sons and son in law).  We have been out
shooting and putting a lot of rounds through them and so far they have been
fine.  The on line forums seem to like them as well.  How can you not trust
a gun made in Croatia?  LOL

I have seen a Glock fail, due to bad ammo. .  no fault of the gun.  I got
mine when the 15 round clips were still legal.  If I cannot buy a 9mm with a
15 round clip these days then I go for the 40 caliber.  Might as well get a
bigger load if I cannot carry more rounds in the 9mm magazine.   Plus I am
not that confident in the 9mm round being able to take out a crazed crack
head as I am with a larger caliber bullet. .  not sure on that one?

For home defense I would not pick up the Ruger 44 Mag.  The sound of it
might be enough to do the trick. .  but if you miss that bullet will travel
through your house, across the street and likely into your neighbors home.

The local gun store has a perfect condition WWII era Luger.  Might have been
brought home from WWII by way of one of our guys.  What a piece of history.
They have it up for sale for $1,500.0  Not sure if that is a good price or
not. .  I have no idea what they typically go for?  This one though, is so
clean. .  even the wood piece on the bottom of the clip shows no wear.

>From what I have read the Chinese SKS can get dirty during battle and the
thing will keep firing.  I have shot hundreds of rounds through it and it
keeps going.

Thanks for the input. . .

Kirk