[Spridgets] Help wanted - off topic

Subject: [Spridgets] Help wanted - off topic
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (bjshov8 at tx.rr.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:13:57 -0500
This is an issue in a lot of technical areas.  In the branch of engineering
that I am in, there are plenty of people in it but lots that shouldn't be.  So
hiring people is easy, but hiring qualified people is hard.  The problem we
face as a firm is that there are a lot of other firms out there that hire warm
bodies and turn out crappy product, but we still have to compete with them.  I
wish the requirements to get into the profession were harder.  It wouldn't
matter to the people that are qualified but might keep out some of the
unqualified people, and the end result would benefit society as a whole.