[Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues

Subject: [Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:43:02 -0700
The things I am reading about the issues with late model Chevy / GMC trucks
is such a bummer as I love Chevy's and wish I could consider a new one for
my next truck.

In 2001 I bought (new) a Chevy truck based on the S10 frame . . factory
lowered by 2 inches. .  . . (known as the Xtreme).  I sold it at around
110,000 miles and to tell the truth it held up very well through the years.
When I sold it. .  it was running just as strong and smooth as when I bought
it.   It had the 4.3 V6 which is said to be more reliable than the 4
cylinder version.

 I did have to replace a fuel pump which might have been in part my fault
for allowing it to run low on gas as much as I did?

I have been told that running low on fuel too often can harm the internal
fuel pump.   Maybe some comments on this as I am not sure if this is true or
not (running low on fuel too often can cause an early demise of your
internal fuel pump)?

I was very happy with the reliability experienced with my V6 S10 type.  I
wish I was hearing the same things about the larger GMC and Chevy trucks
that have been built in Toluca over the past few years.  Toluca Mexico.  .
right?   Or somewhere down there.  (The PT Cruiser's are made in Toluca
Mexico).

Kirk