[Spridgets] Guns

Subject: [Spridgets] Guns
From: rrengineer.mike at att.net (Mike MacLean)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:50:54 -0700
You can send it Fedex yourself to a prearranged FFL.
Mike MacLean

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2011, at 10:39, Mike Rambour <lists at dinospider.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, yes it is still a gun.  Lugers basically come apart in 2
pieces, the bottom half  handpiece with the trigger and clip housing I think
could be shipped as that is not a gun (I THINK I DONT KNOW FOR SURE) but the
top half with the barrel and receiver IS A GUN since it can hold a round and
be fired and can't be shipped via normal inexpensive methods.

>  The best way is to find someone with a FFL (Federal Firearms License) in
both towns and pay them to do the shipping, most FFL's will do it
inexpensively and it might end up costing a $100 to ship it with FFL fees at
both ends but its worth it to do it right.  Just ask your local gun shop for
advice they will happily help you out on this.  With the rules in place, I
think they will have to go through waiting period and registration at the
other end, but not shipped a gun since before 9/11.

> Note that a Luger can be quite expensive (worthless also but most are not)
so its worth doing it right and risk avoiding the Feds taking it and
confiscating it.  And please make sure there is no round in the chamber before
disassembling it, I took mine apart one day by pushing the barrel against my
chest and 30 years later I still get shivers when I think about the live round
in the chamber as I did it, I was young and very stupid and while I knew to be
careful around guns, it taught me that I was not following the rules I knew
and been much more careful since.

>    mike
>
> On 04/15/2011 10:10 AM, an5.sprite at gmail.com wrote:
>> I knew you were not running guns!!!
>>
>> This should be simple to send, but it is likely like shipping booze. Lot's
of regulations that make it difficult for the average person.

>> If you take a gun apart and ship it in pieces is that a "gun"
>>
>> Steve

"Everett

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/an5.sprite at gmail.com

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/lists at dinospider.com