Re: [Spridgets] Guns

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Guns
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:29:13 -0500
I replied off list but since many seem to be speculating I will chime
in publicly.

Assuming the gun is legal, not fully automatic, and you are in the US:

A Federal Firearms License holder must receive a gun shipped
interstate.  (There is at least one exception to this but it doesn't
apply here.)  Anyone who can legally possess a gun can ship a gun.
Only an FFL holder can receive a gun shipped from another state.
Ship it via UPS (don't try any "UPS Store" as they do not ship
firearms, even though it is perfectly legal to do so and UPS does it
every day), insured for the proper amount, to an FFL holder in the
recipient's area.  There are lists of FFLs who will receive a
shipment.  Most charge $20 or so for the service.  You DO NOT need an
FFL on both ends of the shipment ONLY on the receiving end.  If you
want to pay a middle man an extra $20 or more then seek an FFL on the
shipping end, but it will not be any more legal than shipping it
yourself.

The shipment must include a copy of the FFL's license, signed in
colored ink.  A fax or email copy is usually sufficient.  The FFL will
log the serial number and information on the recipient which will go
in his permanent records.    The records stay with the FFL holder and
are submitted to the ATF when the FFL ceases business.  The records
are accessible to law enforcement at any time.  Expect to pay about
$20 for the FFL holder to do the paperwork and receive the gun.

If the recipient is in state then just deliver it to him.

I have shipped many guns over the years.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net> wrote:
> Anyone who knows about shipping hand guns interstate please contact me
> off-list.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive