Re: [Spridgets] Thinking of Frank--Made in America

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Jeff Porasik <jporasik@wi.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thinking of Frank--Made in America
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:07:53 -0400
Here is the official statement of warranty.

http://www1.snapon.com/display/termsofsale.nws

I noticed the following:

"Customers who purchase Product from authorized Snap-on distribution channels"
So if you bought from a dealer then you are set, if you bought from a garage
sale then maybe not.  If you have a regular dealer that you buy from then he
knows what you buy and what you don't.  If you stop by the dealer's house
because you saw his truck in the driveway then he has no knowledge of where the
tool came from.  I would guess that it is up to the individual dealer's
discretion and YMMV.

"for a duration described in each Product's warranty code"
Apparently some products have different warranty than others.

In reading other comments on the net I found people that said you could get
replacements of hand tools, but rebuilding of air tools had a fee, and ratchet
rebuilding might or might not be free.

> Brad, Snap-on stopped their warranty?

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75