Re: [Spridgets] Not LBC Anyone out there with back issues I just

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Not LBC Anyone out there with back issues I just
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 10:36:51 -0500
What Michael said.  I have Stenosis in my lumbar vertebrae which is pinching
my spinal cord. That is a very different thing to having damage to the
disks. While I know my problem will get progressively worse, I have found
the shots help for a few months at present. Eventually I will need the
surgery (laminectomy where they remove a portion of the back of the
individual vertebrae to remove the pinch on the spinal cord). There is a big
difference between pinching of the spinal cord by an arthritic vertebrae and
pinching due to a collapsed, slipped or herniated disk. You need to have a
very long talk with your osteopath and both of you decide on a plan of
action. A good doctor should always recommend the least invasive procedure
to begin with working your way up to the surgery.  You also need to know
what the success percentage is for any of the procedures and that should
figure into your decision.

Sorry to learn of your back problem and good luck getting some relief.

Cheers!!
Jim

--
Cheers!!