Re: [Spridgets] A-series supercharger kits

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A-series supercharger kits
From: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 03:05:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all and thanks for the responses,
when I built the engine about 5K-7K miles ago, I put ARP fasteners all through
the bottom end. I was thinking of a centre main strap, but couldn't see the
point of grinding down the factory bearting cap to suit it. I figured that
high RPM was the enemy here anyway, more than piston forces.
It is a 72 midget engine, 1275cc thick flange, datsun 5 speed box behind it.

Has a belt drive cam, so there is no breather in the front. (i take it off
the mech fuel pump drive but that might need a rethink/reshape)
I will be fitting a big chamber head (28cc), and if that proves not to be
enough, deeper dish pistons.
Steering column is not an issue for me. I'm in Australia.
I know that getting the ignition to be correct will require some electronic
boffinry.
(I think "Jaycar" made a boost retard kit)
But can getting it acceptable be done with a suitably recurved and retarded
distributor?

Slightly off topic, are those "Fidanza" flywheels any good?

cheers,

Andy