Re: [Spridgets] A-series supercharger kits

To: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A-series supercharger kits
From: Hal Faulkner <frog.aye@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 05:48:49 -0700
Andy,
You might want to consider the MegaSquirt ECU.  Can be used to control
ignition, boost control and just about anything else, depending on your
sensors and just what you want.   Glen Byrns who has been on this list but
whose posts I have not noticed lately has successfully used a MS to inject
his turbocharged Bugeye, and is using it to control the spark map as well,
driven by a Pertronix and firing through the distributor. If one were to use
a crank trigger the distributor could be dispensed with entirely and the
drive hole for the dizzy could be used for crankcase ventilation.  The
latest iteration can control up to eight sequential injectors and can even
control individual cylinders firing coil-on-plug ignition.  The MS does have
a fairly steep learning curve, however, because it is so flexible and is
based on open source software.
Hal