Re: [Spridgets] Outta here!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Outta here!
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 22:36:33 -0500
There is something to be said for that.  I've known people who worked
past retirement age, finally retired, and then died.  I've also known
people that died right before their retirement age.  You never know how
much time you have left so you have to take advantage of the time you
have now.

My father is over 80 and still goes to his job.  He doesn't really do
any hard work, but that is what he chooses to do.  He doesn't have
hobbies like I have so he could either sit at home and watch TV, or go
to his shop and be able to visit with lots of other people during the
day, so it is actually better for him to go to work.

I could quit work now and have plenty of things to do, as long as I
could figure out how to pay for it.  I'll have to keep working for
awhile longer in order to try to afford to retire.

> Most people wait too long. I had a forced separation from work (my boss took
>my job as the business downsized) with a non-compete. I spent 3 month
>traveling with my wife. It was great and taught me that I need to also take
>"play" seriously.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive